Chair of state and law disciplines and Ukrainian studies
Address: H.Kondrat`yeva str., main building
Email of the department: dpd_kaf_snau@ ukr.net
The Head of the Department: Candidate of philological sciences, docent S. O. Shestakova.
In 1977 the Sumy branch of the Kharkiv Agricultural Institute named after Dokuchaev was created, which included the chair of History of the CPSU and scientific communism (Head of chair is the docent A. P. Abramov). This was the period of the university formation. The chaie staff did not only provide teaching of social sciences in all departments of the institution, but also conducted an active social and educational work. Teachers lectured at enterprises and institutions in Sumy region, participated in the discussion of current social and political problems, headed the students’ labor groups, visited places of interest in Sumy region and neighboring regions.
In 1991 the chair was renamed into the chair of Political History. After Ukraine gained independence the need in deep study of the history of Ukraine, Ukrainian language, political science and other humanities arose.
With this in mind, in 1993, the chair of the History of Ukraine was created on the basis of the chair of philosophy and political history (head – prof. L. V. Hnatyuk).
With the increase in students’ number and to optimize the learning process of the chair of History of Ukraine, social and philosophical subjects was reorganized. On its basis in 1997 the chair of Philosophy and Sociology was created (head – prof. L. V. Hnatiuk LV, docent O. M. Korniyenko, prof. V. M. Vandyshev) and the chair of Ukrainian Studies (head – docent A. S. Zakharchuk) were created .
In different periods such docents as M. O. Sobol, L. H. Prytulen, V. A. Pavlik, M. F. Yaremenko, A. S. Zakharchuk, L. I. Rozhkova, S. O. Shestakova, I. I. Kharchenko, M. V. Zhuk, T. K. Poyarkova, senior lecturers as M. H. Tsyhanok, H. T. Basenko, L. P. Shishkevych, N. O. Lashchenko worked.
In 2008 the chair of state and law disciplines and Ukrainian studies was created on the basis of the chair of state and social disciplines (head – V. I. Hayenko) and the chair of Ukranian studies (head – A. S. Zakharchuk) in order to improve the teaching and studying both the historical and law and political and law disciplines. Head – A. S. Zakharchuk.
Starting September 2010 the head of the chair is the candidate of philological sciences, docent S. O. Shestakova.
The chair has: four docents, five candidates of sciences, four senior lectures.
- N. A. Bondar – senior lecture
- H. V. Yefimenko – senior technician
- Y. O. Kotvyakovskiy – senior lecture
- N. M. Kuzmenko – senior lecture, head of the methodic office
- M. A. Mykhailichenko – senior lecture, candidate of historical sciences
- L. I. Rozhkova – candidate of historical sciences, docent
- O. I. Symutenko – senior technician
- I. I. Kharchenko – candidate of philological sciences, docent
- M. H. Tsyhanok – senior lecture
- S. O. Shestakova – head of the chair, candidate of philological sciences, docent
The chair provides the following disciplines: history of Ukraine, political science, Ukrainian language for professional purposes, Ukrainian history, Ukrainian culture and history of the modern world, History of State and Law of Ukraine, History of State and Law of Foreign Countries, History of doctrines of state and law, state law of foreign countries, the foundations of Roman law, theory of law, municipal law, basics of constitutional law, constitutional law of Ukraine, city law.
The research topic of the chair is: “Actual Problems of History, State and Law Sciences and Ukrainian.”
The chair has adequate logistical support necessary to carry out teaching, guidance and other activities. The chair has educational and methodical office “Ukrainian study» № 236 g.
Educational and methodical office of the chair of State and law disciplines and Ukrainian studies provides organizational and informational and teaching and guidance of disciplines: history of Ukraine, Ukrainian language for professional purposes, History of State and Law of Ukraine, history and doctrines of state law, enhances the status of the state language among teachers and students, promotion of Ukrainian social and political and legal thought, Ukrainian national heritage.
In the educational and methodical office a Ukrainian corner is created.
The teachers of the chair prepared and conducted:
• round table meeting of the Intercollegiate 350 – Anniversary of the Battle of Konotop (May 2009)
• scientific student conference on the occasion of Partisan Glory (21.10.2009)
• Intercollegiate round table on the topic “Language is a relationship of ages, this is a step in the future” (December 2009);
• Round Table “Ukrainian Cossacks from the past to the present” (11. 10. 2010);
• scientific conference “Sumy region during World War II” (05.05.2010, the);
• Meeting with students ethnographers on “Sumy is the hometown of yours and mine.”
• oral literary journal “Literature of the native land”, the preparation of which involved students of two educational establishments – Sumy State Teachres’ Training Universitynamed after A. S. Makarenko and Sumy National Agrarian University (04.11.2010).
• excutions to Sumy Art Museum to learn about artistic heritage of T. H. Shevchenko (April 2011).
• multimedia brain-ring on the history of Ukrainian culture among teams of students and veterinary of bio-technology departments. (12.05.2012)
• literary and musical evening on “Spiritual Olympus of Ukraine», dedicated to the works of Lina Kostenko (05.12.2011).
• educational event entitled “Holy Ukrainian words” the Day of Ukrainian Literature and Language (I. I. Kharchenko, S. A. Shestakov, N. M. Kuzmenko), with students of biology and technology, construction and law departments (09.12 .2012).
• documentary photo exhibition “War. A view from the past “(the 70th anniversary of Sumy liberation from German occupation) (2 September 2013)
• documentary photo exhibition “thirty-third year of our Lord” (on the 80th anniversary of the Holodomor in Ukraine of 1932-1933) (21 November 2013)
• books and documentary exhibition dedicated to the 95th anniversary of the battle by Kruty “Over all they loved their beloved land (January 2013).
• hour memory “Famine of 1932-1933 – the crime of the totalitarian regime” (November 20122)
• Roundtable: “Famine of Ukrainian in historical memory” (11/08/13)
• Public Lecture of Oleg Kornienko “The role of the Cossacks in the history of Ukraine”
With the participation of lecturers of the department annually the international contest of the Ukrainian language named after Peter Yatsik is held.
September 21 the docent L. I. Rozhkova conducted local historical event dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the partisan movement in Ukraine (economic and law departments).
21.09.2012 a public lecture of the Sumy historian A. M. Kornienko on “Semyon Rudnev: the fate of man on a background of the epoch” on the Day of Partisan Glory (L. I. Rozhkova, M. A. Mykhaylichenko) was held.
12/03/2013 event was held to mark the anniversary of Taras Shevchenko “Genius of the Ukrainian people.”
28 – 30 of July, 2013 at the State Historical and Cultural Reserve “Medzhybizh” (Khmelnytsky region) the totaling of Ukrainian historical and literary contest “My Motherland. Dedicated to the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Kievan Rus” was held.
Among the winners there were the first-year students of Biotechnological department of SNAU Stanislav Tsakmalov and Vitaly Bosenko who presented their research work on “dynastic marriages of Kiev Prince Vladimir Svyatoslavych and Byzantine Princess Anna in the context of the Christianization of Kievan Rus” and the artwork for it. Scientific supervisor – docent L. I. Rozhkova.
Work of SNAU students got high praise of the jury, S.Tsakmalov and V. Bosenko were awarded the III degree Diploma in the “discovery of the competition.”
Teachers of the department are permanent members of the urban and university research activities, including:
– Presentation of scientific and documentary publication “Sumy: A New Life of the old streets” (31 August, 2012) – UAB (M. A. Mykhaylichenko, L. I. Rozhkova);
– Discussion of public lecture of Sumy historian A.M. Kornienko on: “Simon Rudnev: the fate of man against the backdrop of the era, devoted to Day of Partisan Glory (21 September, 2012) – SNAU (M. A. Mykhaylichenko, L. I. Rozhkova);
– Participation in the round table discussion “Philanthropist of the county town on Psyol ” (24 October, 2012) – SNAU (M. A. Mykhaylichenko, L. I. Rozhkova);
– Participation in the round table discussion “Sumy historic portal: research potential and development prospects ” ( 31 November, 2012 ) – SNAU (M. A. Mykhaylichenko, L. I. Rozhkova ).
– Participation in the round table : “Issues to resolve disputes in the calculation and payment of contributions to the Pension Fund of Ukraine ” March 21, 2013 L. I. Rozhkov report entitled: ” International experience of reforming of the pension system and problems of Ukraine .”
– Participation in the VI International scientific conference “State and Law: Problems of formation and development strategy” Sumy branch of HNUVS May 18-19, 2013 (S.O. Shestakov, M. A. Mykhaylichenko, L. I. Rozhkova, Y. O. Kotvyakovskiy)
– Scientific seminar discussion of the bill “On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine” On the transplantation of organs and other anatomical human materials “April 25, 2013, (l. I. Rozhkova, M. A. Mykhaylichenko)
The chair operates a student research group on the “History of State and Law of Foreign Countries.” Study group are active participants in the annual conferences and contests conducted at SNAU and outside the university. In addition, under the supervision of the chair the students are prepared to participate in contests of scientific works, national games and international scientific students’ conferences.